And it's starting to tinge all my recollections with sadness. I even tried listening to "I Wanna Be Sedated" like three times in a row today, and I still couldn't get it out. It's starting to get a little annoying. OK now, on to the rest of whatever I have to say. Ahem...
So I just realized that both of my roommates are out of town for the next week, leaving me with the place to myself for something like 8 days. Now, on the one hand this is a bit daunting. I mean, what if I get bored? Or what if I get...really bored? That would be awful. But on the other hand - and this would be the good hand, the hand that solves the problems of the other hands - this week presents the perfect opportunity to do all that stuff I would do if I had the place to myself for a week. Which would, of course, help to alleviate any possible boredom. So to that end, here are my goals for the Week of Julie.
This week, I pledge to:
- Watch at least one movie I know I'll probably like, but that I think my roommates would find too weird. (Suggestions: The Fountain, The Science of Sleep)
- Turn the air conditioning up to at least 75 degrees.
- Eat a pizza. Preferably while watching a movie. Maybe the same movie from above, maybe The Godfather Part 2.
- Play really loud music in the mornings. And any other time I feel like it.
- Perform A Midsummer Night's Dream at Sundance at least 5 times (OK, so I was going to do that anyway).
- Play the same 3 songs on my guitar every single day.
- Zelda. There must be Zelda. Ocarina of Time: Master Quest is one option. Wind Waker may also make an appearance. I'm saving Twilight Princess for later.
- Eat as much of that leftover lasagna in the fridge as I can take.
- Talk loudly on my phone late at night.
- Shower with the bathroom door open. While singing.
- Take over the entire living room.
- And if I'm feeling really cliche, I might even have to reenact this*:
Yeah, that should be a pretty good start for a Week of Julie. One week of that (plus one day of cleaning up after that) and I should be sufficiently sick of myself and be very, very glad to have my wonderful roommates back home again. But until that day...bring on the Julie!
Man, I love that show.