Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Week of Julie

This is completely unrelated to the rest of this post, but I just have to say that I've had this song stuck in my head off and on since last Thursday:

Kite Song - Rosie Thomas

And it's starting to tinge all my recollections with sadness. I even tried listening to "I Wanna Be Sedated" like three times in a row today, and I still couldn't get it out. It's starting to get a little annoying. OK now, on to the rest of whatever I have to say. Ahem...

So I just realized that both of my roommates are out of town for the next week, leaving me with the place to myself for something like 8 days. Now, on the one hand this is a bit daunting. I mean, what if I get bored? Or what if I get...really bored? That would be awful. But on the other hand - and this would be the good hand, the hand that solves the problems of the other hands - this week presents the perfect opportunity to do all that stuff I would do if I had the place to myself for a week. Which would, of course, help to alleviate any possible boredom. So to that end, here are my goals for the Week of Julie.

This week, I pledge to:
  • Watch at least one movie I know I'll probably like, but that I think my roommates would find too weird. (Suggestions: The Fountain, The Science of Sleep)
  • Turn the air conditioning up to at least 75 degrees.
  • Eat a pizza. Preferably while watching a movie. Maybe the same movie from above, maybe The Godfather Part 2.
  • Play really loud music in the mornings. And any other time I feel like it.
  • Perform A Midsummer Night's Dream at Sundance at least 5 times (OK, so I was going to do that anyway).
  • Play the same 3 songs on my guitar every single day.
  • Zelda. There must be Zelda. Ocarina of Time: Master Quest is one option. Wind Waker may also make an appearance. I'm saving Twilight Princess for later.
  • Eat as much of that leftover lasagna in the fridge as I can take.
  • Talk loudly on my phone late at night.
  • Shower with the bathroom door open. While singing.
  • Take over the entire living room.
  • And if I'm feeling really cliche, I might even have to reenact this*:

Yeah, that should be a pretty good start for a Week of Julie. One week of that (plus one day of cleaning up after that) and I should be sufficiently sick of myself and be very, very glad to have my wonderful roommates back home again. But until that day...bring on the Julie!

*Or this:

Man, I love that show.

2 comments:

  1. 1 - I am dying to see The Science of Sleep.
    2 - I am also dying to watch The Godfather Part II.
    3 - I also have a goal to Perform A Midsummer Night's Dream at Sundance at least 5 times this week.
    4 - I also Play the same 3 songs on my guitar every single day. They are, "Mr. Jones," "Lightning Crashes," and "Jamie."
    5 - My wife and I are currently on the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time.
    6 - Our leftover lasagna will be gone by tonight.

    Conclusion: you are stalking me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIE! Do you really have Twilight Princess????? MAY I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BORROW IT?? PLEEEEEAAAAASE??

    (also, ignore my extreme nerdness with Zelda...or maybe you shouldn't...would that help my chances?)

    p.s. zzdoif is my word verification. How hilarious is that word? Teehee...

    ReplyDelete