Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why I'm Mad at Matthew Gray Gubler


Alright, so a few days ago I posted about my torrid on-again off-again relationship with Matthew Gray Gubler, also known as Dr. Spencer Reid from the hit TV show Criminal Minds. Well, shortly after I made that post, Gubler began hinting, via Twitter, that a "humongous surprise" was coming to placate grief-stricken fans of the show (predictably, I was not mentioned by name). Here, I'll quote them:

First, on Thanksgiving, of all days:
Perhaps a humongous surprise coming today.

This so-called surprise was subsequently delayed until Black Friday, when he said:
Ahhhhhhhhh meltdown! Super secret suprise delayed until Monday. Sorry
Until finally, one hour later:
Fistfight with technology. What I am trying to accomplish won't be physically possible until 2010 I am told. Sorry, surprise cancelled
So yeah. First the Gube refuses to call me on one of our most important national holidays. Then he promises a surprise and takes it away!

I don't know, you guys, this might be the end for us. I never thought it would be this way. I always imagined that he would be the Gubler, and I would be his Gublette. Or that he would become the Gubester, and I would be his Gubestress. But lately that dream is starting to crumble. I may even have to rethink my dual citizenship with Gublerland. I'll keep you posted, as always.

At least Andy Swan, Matthew's nemesis, has posted part 10 in his masterful (if spite-filled) Matthew Gray Gubler: The Unauthorized Documentary. And lucky for you lot, I am just angry enough to link to it:
Click here to watch! Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    ummm. the documentary was the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I know. It's totally awesome, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog post was a joke. I mean really, like I'd give up my dual citizenship with Gublerland - that place is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:14 PM

    I cannot work out if you're joking or if you are on a psychotic break. Either way yuo are clearly talking shit all the way through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said, it was just a joke. Obviously I forgot that people other than the couple of friends who were in on the joke might read it.

    I tend to have a pretty sarcastic/ironic sense of humor, and sometimes in the pursuit of a joke I forget to also be inclusive. Sorry if that threw you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Have you seen this Matthew Gray Gubler video interview? Love him!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBG9EdS3blM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matthew Gray Gubler is an American actor, filmmaker, fashion model, painter, illustrator, director, and author. He is best known for his role as criminal profiler Dr. Spencer Reid in the CBS television show Criminal Minds, and he directed some of the show's episodes.

    ReplyDelete