Sunday, January 06, 2008

A New Layout For a New Year

In case you didn't notice, it's a new year! Incurable optimist that I am (they've got researchers working round the clock to fix me, don't you worry), I've every hope this year will be miles better than the last. I've got a light semester ahead of me, lots of wonderful performance opportunities to look forward to, and a general feeling of tangy lightness that I interpret as a favorable premonition for the future. In lieu of New Year's Resolutions (I made some New School Year's Resolutions back in September, if you remember, which somehow led to my bleaching out my hair), I'm in the midst of a lifestyle makeover. So far the results are fabulous. I'll try for a better update when it's not 2 AM. In the meantime, here are three New Year's Firsts:

First Meal of 2008
Sugar-free ice cream & peanut butter. Also popcorn.

First Buyer's Remorse of 2008











Inexplicable really, considering it's rather adorable and I bought it with a gift card. If you're wondering, it's from Forever 21.

First Movie of 2008



















Which I found quite delightful, really.


In other news, a comment I made on Glamocracy, a political blog hosted by Glamour.com (I know, I know), was cited as one of the "Comments of the Week" this week. I know they only get, like, 10 comments per week, but all the same I'm weirdly proud of myself. Funny how even attention from people I do not and will never know makes me feel important. Then again, just about everything makes me feel important.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. julie... your new layout is a bit confusing. But I still love you.

    ReplyDelete