Saturday, May 31, 2008

All My Good News

Wow, so I haven't updated this in a while. And while I don't really have a riveting new post ready yet (there are some coming soon, I promise!), I just can't let that unexciting "Blog Tagged" business be the first thing people see when they accidentally click over to this blog on their way to something far more interesting. So until I can get my act together and actually write something cool, here's a list of some of the things that I'm really, really happy about right at the moment:

My job is awesome. Yesterday they called me in early so I could get ice cream in honor of a co-worker's last day. It was awesome. And I think I'm getting a raise. Yay!

My room is clean! This is pretty big news for me.

I created a sweet music mix.
And then got it to actually burn onto a CD, after many many battles with my computer's disgruntled CD drive. Ever wonder what happens when you put The Paperbacks next to Fountains of Wayne close to Bright Eyes with The Beatles and some Amos Lee mixed in? Magic, that's what happens. Magic.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.
We're talking classic adventure gaming of a particularly brilliant and challenging variety, with lots of fun characters and a creepy voodoo twist. The voice acting is pretty great, too - Tim Curry's weird New Orleans accent is, if not exactly impressive, consistently entertaining. And I gave myself bonus points for recognizing Leah Remini as the voice of Gabriel's wisecracking assistant, Grace. Finding yet another way to use up hours of my time without accomplishing anything important...now THAT is something to celebrate.

I had the best Memorial Day weekend ever.
I spent the weekend up in SLC* with one of my favorite people in the whole entire world. I choose to use sub-points to explain this one, since trying to give a sample of the awesome things about the experience led to a sentence too long and messy-looking even for me.

  • We hiked Grandeur Peak. Which, as it turns out, really is pretty grand.
  • I finally saw Ice Age. Now I know what everyone's been quoting around here!
  • I met some of the nicest girls ever, such as the girl who walked me to Gospel Doctrine class on Sunday and then stood around with me waiting for my friends to show up, even though she didn't know me and was planning to attend a class on a different floor. It was like something straight out of a Relief Society conference talk.
  • I got to play with an adorable almost-grown-up black lab.
  • We watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (cheesy acting! Fake accents! Alan Rickman! Hurray!), belted out some Bryan Adams, and then I got to actually sit and watch Girls Just Wanna Have Fun for the first time (SJP** + Helen Hunt + Dance TV = Awesome). The other awesome girls I met during this experience just made it that much better (they were super funny, plus we resurrected the "to french" verb, as in, "We totally frenched outside his car last night". Can't wait until that one hits my word-a-day widget).
  • I didn't have to sleep at home, which made it feel like a vacation even though I was only 40 miles away.
  • There was definitely some HOT sequin-clad dancing to be seen. Now if only I'd taken a picture!
  • I finally, finally saw Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration up at Temple Square. Not that I got much out of it in between spotting Tim Threlfall, thinking about all the writing and production drama I'd heard about it, and wondering if anyone else noticed that Matt Bellows plays two different characters. Oh well.
  • Even though it rained, my hair still looked good thanks to the (mildly) cute black hat that I picked up at the mall last week.
  • Apparently I give really good hugs. Score!
I'm going to see Indiana Jones in, like, an hour. And I'm pretty excited about it too, despite everything I've heard. The big news, really, is that I'm actually going to go see a movie in the theater. With people. I haven't done that in quite some time, as evidenced by the litany of "I haven't seen that"s that I uttered over the weekend.

Well, that's all the big stuff right at the moment. And now, in preparation for the fulfillment of my last bit of good news up there, I'm going to get off this computer and quit blogging for a bit. Which is good news for everyone, really.

*That's Salt Lake City, if you're not cool enough to use initials for everything.
**Sarah Jessica Parker. Come on people, get with it!

2 comments:

  1. Tim Curry!!! Alan Rickman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psh, more like: Kevin Costner!!!! And to a lesser but still enthusiastic extent, Christian Slater?!

    ReplyDelete