Monday, November 10, 2008

Quick Post for an Exhausted Day

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals


Someday soon I will complete a project of any kind. I will work effectively and efficiently and consistently over a long period of time. I will throw tremendous amounts of time and effort and passion into it. I will sacrifice my social life and little pieces of my sanity because I will believe that creating something beautiful is worth pretty much whatever it takes to get there. I will have stress dreams, I will exhaust myself, I will experience more frustration than I'll know what to do with at times. And then when it's all over, do you know what I'll do then? I'll just start over. I'll do it all again. And that, I think, is more or less how I'd like to live my life.

Does that sound like a crazy person to you? Because I'm pretty sure that's how crazy people live.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, just read your post at Feministing. I immediately thought of my bloggy pal Jo at

    http://tangled-me.blogspot.com/

    She's a feminist and a Mormom and She's an amazing woman in all sorts of ways. Perhaps you can find some support in talking to her.

    I've think it can be dangerous to let society define one so certainly. As women we will always travel in and out of many circles that overlap and have a diverse spectrum of beliefs, we are ever changing ever evolving souls. And we should never be afraid to speak our minds, that's when we cease to be a good example for our daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly Stroller Derby has a related post today:

    http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2008/11/11/strollerderby-playdate-feminist-mormon-housewives.aspx

    There's a whole group:

    http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, thanks so much for the links! And your encouragement. The post on Feministing has gotten a much, much bigger response in just one day than I ever anticipated - that's the wild world of the internets for you I guess. :) The whole thing has me thinking and questioning a lot about myself and how I define myself (or if I define myself), which I think will lead to some pretty good personal growth. I hope.

    So yeah, a little shell shocked at the moment, but I'm always happy to make new connections.

    ReplyDelete