Sunday, February 15, 2009

For Presidents'/Valentine's Weekend: Guys Who Are Too Old For Me.

Ah, February 14-16, 2009. A weekend during which we celebrate both Valentine's Day (the day of love) and Presidents' Day (the day of amazing US Presidents - who also happen to be old, dead men). A weekend which always falls on or near my birthday. How shall I celebrate this cornucopia of holiday delights? Why, by putting up a list of older men with whom I would be in love, if only they had been born within ten years or so of my birthday! I have chosen six, more or less at random, to honor with photos. Here they are, a not-all-inclusive list in no particular order, with minimal comment:

Jet Li
Talent? Check. Good looks? Check. Red-hot martial arts moves? Check, check, check.








Peter O'Toole
As seen with Audrey Hepburn in How to Steal a Million. Yes, starring opposite Audrey Hepburn does win you bonus points.







Sendhil Ramamurthy
Ah, my number one reason for watching Heroes. And, OK, maybe he's not too old for me after all. I mean, come on...








Brad Pitt
I know he's an obvious choice. I know it's kind of cliche. I know the fact that I've had a crush on him since I was about 10 is really kind of creepy. I know all this, AND I DON'T CARE.






Robert Redford
Suddenly I begin to ask myself, Do I have a thing for blonds?









Aamir Khan
And just because I'm pretty sure most of you have no idea who he is, I also present to you this video from Dil Chahta Hai (yes, he is the one in the red leather pants) (and yes, I could easily nominate all three of the stars of Dil Chahta Hai for a list such as this) (and yes, the translation in this clip is amazing):


Happy Valentine's/Presidents' Day, everybody. Feel free to leave your equivalent list of Outside-My-Age-Range Loves in the comments.


Very Honorable Mentions who would've been on this list had I not grown so tired of getting the pictures to format correctly: Adam Beach, Denzel Washington (his face is almost perfectly symmetrical!!), Hugh Grant, Antonio Banderas. And that would've taken us to an even 10, so I probably would've stopped there. Except for OH MY GOSH MARK HARMON!!! OK, then I would've been done.

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad Julie. My list is as follows: George Clooney, Kenneth Branagh, Leonardo DiCaprio (cliche, I know, but a seriously talented actor AND a looker to boot!), Ewan McGregor, and Christian Bale. Of course there are others, those are just my tops. Happy Valentines day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jet Li, Peter O'Toole (oh, YES! Also as seen in Lawrence of Arabia), Aamir Khan, and Antonio Banderas; and I'll add Viggo Mortensen, Cary Grant, Ioan Gruffudd, Nathan Fillion, and especially Gregory Peck. Oh, Gregory Peck.

    Jensen Ackles would be on this list, but he's only 10 or so years older than me, so he's totally fair game for a crush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEVEN or so years older than me. Wow, my math fails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that Aamir Khan is in my top 5 favorite men of all time? Since high school? And that Dil Chahta Hai is one of my favorite movies EVER???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you on the last one Julie. I love that movie! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete