Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Temporary Roommate

She is displaced for two weeks while they renovate her apartment. I'm sleeping in the shared room for two weeks while I wait for my other roommate to move out so I can take the private room. Together, we make the best of what we've got.

Reasons to like my temporary roommate:
- She's from Japan.
- Not only that, but she talks on the phone in Japanese in my presence.
- She's nice.
- Even though she usually goes to bed after me and wakes up before me, she never wakes me up.
- She wears really cute outfits I could never personally pull off.
- We're both used to private rooms, so we understand the value of not bothering each other.
- She finds my whole-grain pancakes impressive.
- She prefers using her laptop in the living room, which I consider a sign of intelligence.
- Even though we don't interact much, I can tell she's cool.

Reasons to not like my temporary roommate:
- Her name reminds me of Yoko Ono's, and it's getting hard not to make jokes.

So okay, I guess I do like my temporary roommate. Still can't wait for my private room to open up, though, even though I like the roommate who's in there now. I mean, I don't know her super well because we're never here at the same time, but she shaved her head while I was at home in Oregon, and that's just cool.

I'm thinking of getting a fish. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I am more than flattered. I'd finally given up checking your blog--I couldn't bear the disappointment time and time again. I'm excited to see you back, and sad that you're not back at Park Place. Did you hear they're taking away our outdoor couches? An outrage. TK and I are going to start a rebellion.

    ReplyDelete